The 29th & The 30th
AKS Summer Program for International Students
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce the "29th & 30th AKS Summer Program for International Students." As an important part of our mission is to cultivate young leaders, who can contribute to the development of Korean studies, the academy has organized an intensive summer program for international undergraduate students in Korean studies. This program is composed of various components, such as special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language course, field trips, excursions, and traditional cultural activities. Since its starting in 1993, we held the program for 28 times and around 786 students from 63 countries attended the program.
As number of applicants increases, the event has been held twice a year since 2019. For those who are interested in the 29th or 30th AKS Summer Program for International Students, please read the notification carefully and apply for the program.
(Program contents will be same. Please choose between two period.).
¶ Program Period
- The 29th : June 29 (Mon) – July 17 (Fri), 2020, 3 weeks
- The 30th : July 27 (Mon) – August 14(Fri), 2020, 3 weeks
¶ Language of the Program
All programs will be in Korean. Therefore the participants are recommended to possess basic
Korean language skills.
¶ Eligibility and Required Documents
Undergraduate students of second year or above from universities abroad who are majoring or minoring in Korean Studies and/or those who took Korea related courses from their universities.
*Those who are in graduate school or hold Korean nationality are not eligible for this program.
*For those who took Korea-related courses, the course names should be specified in the
*If applicant’s university does not offer Korean Studies major or Korea-related courses, Korean
language institute certificate can be substituted for university transcript .
2. Required Documents
1) Application Form: Available on our website (http://www.aks.ac.kr)
2) All Official University Transcripts
3) “ Korean Proficiency Evaluation Sheet ” included in the application form (No.7)
4) 1 Letter of Reference : with Recommender’s signature
5) (Optional) Score Report for Korean Proficiency Test (TOPIK)
* All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, translation of the document into Korean or English should be submitted as well.
* Recommender may use any type of letter form.
¶ Application Period
January 24 (Fri) – February 28 (Fri), 2020 24:00
* Applications received after the deadline (Korea Standard Time) will not be considered.
¶ Application Method
Application form download first from website, access the below address, fill out the application form, upload or send to email.
- The 29th : https://han.gl/ZXCfN
- The 30th : https://han.gl/5bYAK
- Email: email@example.com
The result will be announced individually via e-mail on March 31(Tue), 2020.
¶ Financial Support
The Academy of Korean Studies will cover the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations,
and meals during the program as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions.
* All participants are responsible for their own travel expenses including the round- trip airfare, transportation fee between airport and AKS and medical insurance.
Ms. Jihee Ryu , Ms Kyungmin Lim (Program Coordinators)
Phone: +82-31-739-9715, 9714
- Attached file